Dr. Karl SCHUCH was born in Tepliz (Teplice) — in what was then part of Austria-Hungary, but which became Czechoslovakia in 1918 and is now the Czech Republic) — on January 2, 1880.
He was an unmarried Catholic veterinarian and was a veterinary inspector in Vorarlberg and Tirol before he took a similar post in Salzburg in 1915. At first he lived with his older brother Johann SCHUCH, who was a railway inspector in Salzburg, and finally at 16 Ignaz-Harrer-Straße in the Lehen neighborhood.
Dr. Karl SCHUCH retired as a veterinary inspector and became a patient in the Salzburg State Asylum in October 1939. He was one of the 82 patients who were deported from there to the Castle Hartheim killing center near Linz on April 17, 1941 – where they were all murdered.
As with all the other victims of the Nazis’ secret »T4«1 program, the death of this 60 year old man was never recorded in the Salzburg police registration files.
His brother, who was also retired, left Salzburg during the war years.
1 It was called »T4« because its Berlin headquarters were located at Tiergartenstraße 4
|Gaswerkgasse 24||23m||Flachberger, Therese|
|Christian-Doppler-Straße 8||136m||Oberweger, Klara|
|Ignaz-Harrer-Straße 34||172m||Neumayr, Emma|
|Josef-Mayburger-Kai 8||316m||Weil, Camill|
|Haunspergstraße 11||388m||Hekajllo, Olga|
Laid 2015-07-14 at Ignaz-Harrer-Straße 16, Salzburg