Karl VOGL, born on August 4, 1894 in Gnigl near Salzburg and baptized Catholic, was a butcher, cattle dealer and married.
The couple VOGL had one son and last lived together in Maxglan, Reichsstraße 6 (since 1935 a district of Salzburg, now Innsbrucker Bundesstraße 21).
Karl VOGL had been a patient at the Salzburg State Sanatorium since January 28, 1938. He was one of the 82 patients who were deported to Hartheim and murdered on April 17, 1941.
As with all victims of the National Socialist secret action »T4«1, the death of the 46-year-old man is not recorded in the police registration file of the city of Salzburg.
His widowed wife and son survived the terror years.
His son Karl took over the sponsorship of the »Stolperstein« and was present at the laying.
1 It was called the »T4« program because its Berlin headquarters were located at Tiergartenstraße 4.
Primarily responsible for the murderous program in Salzburg were: Dr. Friedrich Rainer as Governor, Dr. Oskar Hausner as leader of the regional health office, Dr. Leo Wolfer as director of the State Asylum (now called the Christian-Doppler-Clinic), and Dr. Heinrich Wolfer as head of the hereditary disease section of the State Asylum.
- Salzburg City Archives
- Schloss Hartheim Learning and Memorial Center
Laid 06.07.2011 at Salzburg, Innsbrucker Bundesstraße 21